Thursday, October 23, 2014

It's almost here....


Yep...in about a week. Am I ready? Nope. But I will be.

This is my second year participating in NaNo. Last November I'd written about 35,000 words when we got news that my husband's contract was coming to an end and that we'd be leaving Germany to come back to the states. That's a very long story...one I won't bore any of you with here, but I will tell you that the news was not good for me. I was overwhelmed. I wanted to stay where I was. I didn't want to come back home and I quit writing for a couple of months. Even though I was incredibly sad, I probably would have continued to write, but it's hard to create a novel when everything you own, including your computer, is packed into a huge container and bobbing somewhere on the Atlantic Ocean.

So...here I am, settled into our new/old house back in Colorado. It's October 23rd and I've been busting my tail to get organized for NaNoWriMo. This year I will succeed.


You get the picture. We even bought a Keurig today which will come in handy, I'm sure. I'm a huge iced chai drinker, but I'm thinking I'll need a bit more caffeine than my usual tea can deliver.

There are still many things I will be working on throughout November. I'm a full time homeschooler, and I have one more book to review for a group on Goodreads. I'm hopeful that I will still be entrusted with a beta reading project (or two) that I have been looking forward to, (and that means I have a second review that needs to be posted as well.) I'll be really busy come Saturday. I'm sure glad my youngest knows his way around a microwave. Both my husband and I are delving into the world of NaNoWriMo this year...without my son's wicked zapping skills, both of our children might starve altogether. Hey...there's always Thanksgiving. We're celebrating it at our house this year. The kids can make up for a month's worth of lost calories that day.


If I don't post for a while, you'll know why. If you don't hear from me come December, you might want to send a rescue party. 


Oh, yes. I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment