Friday, June 17, 2016

My book "movie" dream cast


As I'm writing a book, I like to have a face to go with my characters. I know what I want them to look like, but it's fun to have an actual photo. It's also fun for me to show my readers how I picture the characters I've presented to them. 

Very rarely do actual actors pop into my head when I think about characters ... but on three separate occasions they have. Here is the cast of characters I set for the Gannon Family Series:


The only character here that is a well known actor is Colin O'Donoghue, whom I had pictured in my head while writing Keene. 

Here is the cast of characters for Goddess of Tornado Alley: (This is for the first book, Dead Beat Dates & Deities.)


The only well known actor from this cast is a young Harvey Fierstein. His demeanor and his voice were absolutely perfect for the character of Curtis, and I can't imagine him being anyone else.

I am in the process of writing Brides, Beasts & Baklava right now, which is the second book in Goddess of Tornado Alley. Peri Collins is a character who was introduced in the first book, but who has a much bigger role in the second. The actress that popped into my head while writing Peri is Alicia Witt.


I intentionally look for 'characters' who aren't actors ... I'm not exactly sure why. Perhaps they feel more personal to me that way, but sometimes a famous person sneaks in there. Now, if somebody somewhere wanted to make one of my books into a movie, I'd push all that aside and jump at the chance to do some Hollywood casting. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment