Thursday, December 3, 2015

"Angels and Ghosts" - guest post for E.C. Moore's blog

I began working as an editor and a proofreader for Booktrope Publishing back in February. I was encouraged to do so by a fellow indie author whom I actually don't know very well, but am friendly with on social media. I'd read two of this author's books and liked them a great deal, and wondered if this might be a worthwhile opportunity for me ... not only as an editor, but as a writer. I am so glad that I applied to Booktrope and was welcomed by the company. I have now been a part of thirteen novels in the past ten months. I have met a huge group of talented authors, and made many friends along the way. 

E. C. Moore is one such friend. I acted as editor for her beautiful YA book titled Every Big and Little Wish. It's an amazing thing, being allowed to be a part of a creative endeavor. It's an honor to be handed someone's manuscript and to be asked to give feedback. I enjoyed E.C.'s book very much, and was excited when she was looking for writers to participate in her continuing blog series An Honest to God True Story. When I saw it, I immediately knew I wanted to be a part of it - and I knew exactly what I wanted to write about.


Sometimes I find that I have ideas lingering in my head ... okay, about a million of them to be honest, but they don't always wind up being verbalized on the page. This story has been in the back of my mind for a couple of years. I'm so glad I was able to put form to Angels and Ghosts via From One Bird to Another. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment