Saturday, January 2, 2016

Review of Wishing Cross Station by February Grace

I am new to the novels of February Grace, but after reading Wishing Cross Station, I am no doubt a fan of this author. 




This was taken from Amazon. It is only a small excerpt of her biography. I encourage you to visit her author page to learn more about this exceptional writer and to purchase her novels.

February Grace is an author, poet, and artist from Southeastern Michigan. She has created characters with clockwork hearts, told the romantic tale of modern fairy godparents, put her own spin on a classic tale, and now takes readers on a journey back in time in her fifth novel published by Booktrope, WISHING CROSS STATION.

Review - 5 Stars

 

Everything about February Grace's novel Wishing Cross Station is stunning, from the exquisite cover to the clean, sweet flow of her narrative. From beginning to end, this novel is just as lovely as it can be.

I'm not usually a fan of the time travel story line. It has, to me, become overused and somewhat predictable, but that is not the case for Wishing Cross Station. Grace's breathtaking introduction is powerful, and I was lured into the story immediately. The most wonderful thing about this book, (and there are many of them worth noting) is that it wrapped me up from the beginning and didn't let go until after the last line of the book had been read. Grace was so successful at creating her distinct literary world that once I'd finished reading, it took me some time to come back to reality. This tale is made up of equal parts happiness, hopelessness, grief and bliss...and is, quite simply put, pure magic.

I think it's safe to say that I have never read a book quite as beautiful as Wishing Cross Station. I have become an instant fan of February Grace, and look forward to reading the other books she has written.



Visit February Grace on Facebook and her blog, Love Letters from Jupiter.

No comments:

Post a Comment