Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New event coming up!

The details are a bit sketchy here but I am excited to announce that I am going to be a part of an author's discussion on the Vogelweh base on Thursday, February 7th. I don't have all the details as of yet, but I have been asked to give my perspective on the pros and cons of self publishing. The library itself cannot advertise The Color of Thunder or promote it because it has nothing to do with the 86 FSS, (the 86th Force Support Squadron.) We are playing by the military's rules here...but I will be able to bring my book, talk it up with the guests that are there and advertise myself a bit. Plus I get to talk about my writing...which is pretty darn cool. This will be the first time I've talked about The Color of Thunder with a group....I'm both a bit nervous and very excited all at once. 

For those of you who don't know...I am an American living in southwest Germany. My husband works on Ramstein Air Force Base so marketing my book here has been nearly impossible. Fortunately for me, Xlibris is doing a lot of publicity for me in the states and I will do what I can from here.

This is exciting for me! I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment