Friday, March 22, 2013

New reviews on Amazon

I have received some wonderful reviews from readers on Amazon. Check these out:

The Color of Thunder is a slice of heartfelt American history that comes to life. It spoke to me about a time, generation, and location I previously knew very little about. The author J.C Wing, gave life to the journey of a young girl named Faith Lindsay raised in Mississippi from 1946-1965. The details in the book are written so that we the audience experience every detail- I could actually feel the hard pew underneath me, the hot southern sun shining down on me, and taste the southern cooking. You live the responsibilities of our heroine to be a dutiful daughter, loving sister, and a fighter against civil injustices. It’s funny; we always think that things were simpler long ago. We live in a high-tech world living at a fast pace and this book shows us through its passionate and relative writing that growing up is never easy and each generation has struggles. We all have to worry about family expectations, choosing right from wrong, and what we would do if we witnessed civil injustices and how those decisions/actions would shape the people we want to become. The heroine Faith does all of that and more. Reading about her journey is thought-provoking, emotional, and above all else… meaningful.


~~~~~~~~~~

Having grown up in the South during the 60's, I can tell you that Ms. Wing has captured the essence of Southern family life during the 50's and 60's. Her vivid descriptive palette places you in the middle of not only the Linsey family, but into the very feeling of the conflicts Southerners experienced during those turbulent times.

Well done. 4.5/5 stars


~~~~~~~~~~~

I loved this story of the old south. I love the descriptions JC gives about the characters and the scenery. I feel like I am right there alongside the characters in their every day lives. This is an awesome first book by the author. I can't wait to read more from her!

~~~~~~~~~~

This is a wonderful read. I love books that take you to a different place and this one does it. Great debut novel!

~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you to all that have read The Color of Thunder and to those of you who have reviewed it. I am still offering free e-book review copies. Let me know if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment