Saturday, April 20, 2013

Great new review for Color of Thunder on Amazon

I received an amazing review on Amazon yesterday and I wanted to share it with you. Here it is:

Format:Kindle Edition
I don't read a lot of women's fiction, being a reader/writer of mysteries, however, when the author asked if I'd read for an honest review I said I'd put it on my TBR file--with no promises to read, finish, much less write a glowing review.

I have to say I was immediately enchanted by the author's wonderfully colorful descriptions of Jackson Mississippi. Everything from the flowering trees to the color of the windows in her preacher father's church are magical in the descriptions . And then there is the narrator, Faith, whose young life transcends from an eleven year old into, at the end, a young woman of deep personal convictions.

The book reminds me somewhat of Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Faith is the oldest of three sisters, and yes, the youngest is born sickly, but beloved and fiercely protected by her two older sisters.

There's loss, love discovered and tragedy in this book, and through it all there's triumph in the end.

I am so impressed by the writing in this book, that I have to say that I think J.C. Wing has the potential of becoming one of America's top women fiction authors, and I look forward to reading more of her wonderful stories. If you like Anne Tyler you'll love J.C. Wing.

RP Dahlke, author of the Dead Red Series, and A Dangerous Harbor on Kindle

This was left by a fellow author named RP Dahlke. Here is a link to her Amazon page if you'd like to wander over there for a  visit.

I have read all four of her books and think they are terrific.

Don't forget to visit my Amazon page as well:

Right now Amazon is selling my paperback for $17.99 which is two dollars off the original price. The Kindle version is only $3.99. 

Happy reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment