Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I am now a part of the USAFE library directory



The Color of Thunder is now listed in the United States Air Force in Europe library 
system. How cool is that? I received this email a few days ago stating that the book 
had come in and that it was ready for me to pick up.


*****

Vogelweh Library
 <vogelweh.library@sirsidynix.com>


 Vogelweh Library                       04/18/2013                         MPS
 86 FSS/FSDLV


The following item(s) are being held for you at the pick-up location listed below. 
We will reserve
the item(s) for you until close of business on the following date(s):

 Title                            Due/Expire Date Barcode             Call Number    Price
 ------------------------------   --------------- ---------------     --------------------Pickup Location

 The color of thunder /           04/25/2013      35612050403774      F WING              Vogelweh Library

*****

The libraries are important...and there are a lot of military families all over Europe who rely on the library system to supply them with the books that they need or want. (There aren't a lot of Barnes and Noble's around the streets of Germany, Spain or Italy selling books in English...and military families live on a budget. It's too difficult to buy every book a person might want to read.) I filled out a purchase request for The Color of Thunder and it was immediately approved. Because I was the one who requested it, it came to me as soon as it arrived and I couldn't be happier. Now all of the wonderful men and women who serve in the United States Air Force and their families can borrow my book.




I'm hoping it will be well traveled!


Here's to our U.S. military...and to libraries, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment