Monday, June 23, 2014

What an amazing week it's been!

I've gotten some wonderful feedback on Alabama Skye! Here's what some of my readers are saying:

4.0 out of 5 stars TeaghlachJune 16, 2014
This review is from: Alabama Skye (Paperback)
This is the first book that I have read by J.C. Wing and I must say that it was a delight. I read the entire thing in a single sitting.

JC has done a wonderful job of interweaving Scotland and Alabama, the past and present, in addition to sharing with the reader a family to whom many of us can intimately relate. At the core it is about family (teaghlach), friendships, forgiveness and love.

I will definitely recommend this book to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book is Brilliantly Written!June 17, 2014
This review is from: Alabama Skye (Kindle Edition)
I came to the book with no expectations. It is so brilliantly written and the characters so deep and interwoven within each other. I laughed at the simple sayings two best friends can share, visualizing the looks they would share. I cried at the tragedy that can enter ones life, but then feel hopeful as that tragedy can bring us each lessons and the hope to forgive and understand, that in most cases, we all do the best we can. These characters will stay with me and have reminded me of life's great lessons...friendship matters, family is everything and healing comes from forgiveness.

The author is a genius and she has simply woven a beautiful quilt of words and of love between these characters. Sophisticated, but also visual and warm. You can feel love in this book.

Absolutely adored it! Looking forward to more from this great author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ReadJune 17, 2014
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Alabama Skye (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book so much I didn't want it to end and it was very difficult to put down. I enjoyed the character Cheney who lost her husband and left Scotland to make a fresh start in Alabama with her family. The author described the relationships between the characters so well that I quickly began to empathize with several of them. The characters are well developed, real and believable, each facing their own flaws, hopes, fears and dreams. The plot moved along well with enough bumps and problems to keep my eyes riveted to my Kindle until the very end. Through all the secrets and struggles, it was evident that family would prevail because, after all, family is what is important.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous StoryJune 20, 2014
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Alabama Skye (Kindle Edition)
This book brings back the beautiful, rich descriptions and complex relationships that readers have come to expect from J.C. Wing. This book draws the reader into the world of a small town on the Alabama coast when Cheney McGillvray, a scottish native, proposes a scheme to turn the family home into a B&B with a distinct Scottish flair. With a bit of mystery and a lot of love the author weaves the lives of 4 women into a compelling tale that keeps you awake long past bedtime.


On Facebook, I have offered anyone who is willing to review the book for me on Amazon a free eBook. If you're interested, please let me know in the comments and I'll get right back to you. I'll need to know whether you'll be reading it on an iPad (or other Apple device), a Nook or a Kindle and a good email address so I can send you the file.

Thank you to everyone who has read Alabama Skye and for those of you who are in the process of reading it now. It's been a crazy, wonderful, surprising and fantastic week. I can't wait to see what's still in store!

To purchase Alabama Skye in either paperback or hardback, please visit Amazon at:

or my publisher, Xlibris at:

It is also available on Barnes and Noble:


















No comments:

Post a Comment