Monday, November 14, 2016

J.C. Wing ... Bank Robber? #PNIWritingChallenge Day 29

I have to be honest ... Day 29 of #PNIWritingChallenge poses a question I have never considered: When you go into a bank or store, do you plan a heist while waiting your turn?

This is a really boring answer, but, no.

I could easily end this post here ... but what would be the fun in that?


I know there are some people that think about a heist they may be able to pull off while they're waiting in line. You have to keep yourself entertained while you wait your turn to see the teller, right? Sometimes it feels like you're there forever.

That's the thing, though. I always have so much going on in my head. It is never, ever, ever quiet up there. I think about a lot of stuff - I've got story lines and grand escapades playing beneath this mop of curls - but never once have I planned a heist. I would be the worst bank robber ever.

It seems like I wrote about this not long ago. Let's see ... yes ... it was this Eavesdropping post in which I clarified the fact that, while I can be incredibly quiet, I possess very little stealth. I'm also the least scary person you'll ever meet. Truth. I'm so not scary.

I would be a bumbling idiot if I took part in a robbery. I'd probably trip all over myself and be afraid I was going to mess up and get caught. I tell a lot of stories. I'm a writer. It's what I do. I'm great on paper. In real life? Not so much. In real life, I'm more a follower of the rules. I'm not a troublemaker. Oh ... and I'm clumsy. These are not traits someone who wants to pull off a successful heist should possess.

You know what I could do, though? I could probably help with a heist. I could be a distraction. I've never tried it before, but it might work. I could strike up a conversation, keep the guard busy talking about his kids or his girlfriend or his pet iguana. I don't know. There are a lot of things we could discuss probably. 

Yeah, okay, maybe not. But you can be damn sure I'll be thinking about all this the next time I'm in line at the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment