Monday, September 5, 2016

Company on a Deserted Island: #AKwritingChallenge Day 17

This post topic came at a very odd time. I say that because I have just finished watching the first season of Lost, which has everything to do with being stuck on a deserted island. 

I know this show began twelve years ago. I know it was hugely popular and it's crazy I haven't seen any of it until now. I hate to admit it, but that's how I operate. I show up to the party, but I'm usually late. I still have fun once I get there, though.

Something else I'll admit to is that I am absolutely hooked on this show. I'm into season two now and I'm not sure how I'm going to get anything else done. Man. Sometimes life gets in the way of a really fantastic TV show.

So, what character would I want to be stuck with on a deserted island?

 
Well, I had a plan for this post. I know which character some of you are expecting - and I was feeling a bit silly so I was going to oblige. You see, I have a habit of over thinking these writing topics. I don't think that's a bad thing, really, although many of them (even some that weren't meant to be difficult) have taken a lot of emotional energy to write. When I decided to take part in these challenges it was with the personal understanding that I was going to be as honest and as forthright about the topics as I could be. I wanted to challenge myself - and I've succeeded at that - much more so than I ever imagined. I feel like I still have a hangover of sorts from a post I wrote last week. I'm taking it easy today, although I'm not going to write about the character I was going to write about.

I'm going to go with characters from Lost instead. Yes. I said characters, plural. Like I said ... I'm only into the second season of the show. I don't know this gang well enough yet, but these are the three I've narrowed it down to as of now.


John Locke - although he scares the crap out of me. He's a survivalist. He can hunt and he likes to play board games. I can overlook a little fear if I get to eat and play board games.


Jack Shepard. Yes, he's handsome ... but he's also a doctor. Living on a deserted island can be dangerous. If I break a bone, (and I most likely would because I'm me) I'm not sure I want John Locke fixing it.


I wouldn't mind being stuck with Kate Austen, either, because let's face it ... she's a badass. She has a lot of secrets, but she can climb trees. I can't. Bad wrist. There are coconuts and fruit up in those trees. 
 
I really am enjoying Lost. A lot. Maybe too much. Like I said, I have things to do, but I so enjoyed binge watching it over the holiday weekend. I think that was good for me. Now I'll sneak in episodes early in the morning after I come back from my walk. 

I've got several seasons to go. My choices here might change, but I'll stick with these for right now - and I won't book any flights to or from Australia in the hope I can keep myself from being stranded at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment