Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Guilty Pleasures #WingWritingChallenge Day 5



Guilty pleasures. Do I have any of those? Yeah, I'd say I have a few.

Chocolate is definitely a guilty pleasure, as long as it isn't dark. I love peanut M&M's. I buy a big bag of those and I snack on them over several days. I also love Reese's peanut butter cups, and I've rarely said no to a Milky Way candy bar. I've been pretty good about my eating habits as of late, so I try not to buy that stuff too much anymore. I saw a package of pecan pie flavored M&M's a few weeks ago and decided to pick up a bag. I thought they would be a fun treat. I was wrong. Pecan pie flavored M&M's are wrong. You might be tempted, but I'm here to tell you, don't do it. 

Chai frappuccinos. I love chai tea. I like it hot, but I really like it iced. I hold iced chai in very high regard - make it a chai frappuccino and it's nearly the best thing in all the world. I don't buy these very often. These are very special treat kinds of drinks, or solace for a very bad day kinds of drinks. Because I don't drink them very often, they taste even better when I treat myself.

Pizza. It hasn't escaped my notice that so far everything on my list has been food - but these are guilty pleasures, right? We're back to the eating healthier, taking better care of myself thing again. I used to eat pizza all the time and hardly thought anything about it. (I'm cute, but I'm chubby.) Since the beginning of July, I've eaten pizza only twice. I'm not perfect, but I'm improving.

Ah ... here's one that has nothing to do with food. Television, specifically TV watching binges. I'll admit, I've done this on many occasions, although I have to plan them. I have too much to get done in my every day life. My husband and I were totally stuck on How To Get Away With Murder a few months ago, and every time a new season of Game of Thrones is released on DVD, forget about seeing me until I've devoured each and every episode. We don't pay for cable or dish, so I'm always behind. I fire up my Netflix account an awful lot, though. My most recent binges have been Stranger Things and Lost. I'm so addicted to Lost right now it's ridiculous. 

Okay, one more. Reading. I'm an editor, and I've been lucky lately in that I've had a lot of opportunities to edit. I love that, I truly, truly do - but I also love to read just for the sake of reading. I have a stack of new books that have been waiting on me for a very long time. I have snuck a few of those in lately, but I also love re-reading. I have found myself going back to a few of the books I've loved in the past, specifically those by Jesse James Freeman and S.L. Shelton. In my opinion, if a book is written well enough, it can never be read too many times.  

These might be guilty pleasures ... but I may or may not feel guilty about any of them. You like what you like, right? I'm a big believer in happiness. These are some of the things that make me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment