Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Something I Should Do Every Day ... But Don't #AKwritingChallenge Day 20

If I'd been asked this question a couple of months ago, my answer would have been "Write". Since I decided to jump into a couple of blog writing challenges throughout this past summer, though, I've pretty much taken care of that. We've got about a week left of #AKwritingChallenge, and then #WingWritingChallenge kicks in. (Gee, I wonder who could've thought that one up?) We'll see what happens after that. I think it's been a good thing, me writing a post everyday. I might want to keep it going.


I've caused myself some emotional angst as of late. I tend to over think these blog topics. There was this post about fears, and then came the post about a family member I dislike. Last week I wrote this post about being optimistic. Don't think I missed the irony with that last one. If you haven't read it, please do. What got to me were the reasons why I have such a positive outlook now. I guess I've always understood why I am the way I am - but I never allowed myself to think too hard about it. Writing always brings me clarity. I'm glad I wrote it. It was good for me.

Exercise. Well, I've been working on that. I've got a lot of pounds I want to say goodbye to. We've been close for far too long and they've worn out their welcome. I've been walking everyday, and I want to throw in some other activities, too, but I've done pretty well so far.

Eat healthy. Okay, so I don't do this every day. I cheat. I do, but I'm so much better now than I used to be. I do eat healthy on a daily basis ... just some days I slip some unhealthy things in there with the veggies and enormous quantities of water. Old habits die hard. Sometimes it's a slow, agonizing death. I'm working on it.

Read. Nope. I'm good there. I have a TBR pile that climbs straight to my ceiling. I'm always reading something new. I've got an extraordinarily talented writer friend who just let me read some stuff I hadn't seen before which is so exciting to me ... and I've been lucky that Wing Family Editing has gotten several new clients as of late. Reading is something I look forward to on a daily basis.

Flossing? Check. My pearlie whites are good and flossed.

Oh, there are so many things I know I'm missing. Call my mom. Housework. Laundry. Yes, yes and yes.

I think I'll go back to the writing thing again. I've never really believed all the stuff about having to make writing a habit. I've never been that kind of writer. When the ideas are flowing, I write. When they aren't, I leave it alone. If I force it, I write crap and then I wind up having to rewrite. It's frustrating and unproductive. I guess what I should be doing everyday but don't is working on my own creative endeavors; whether it be research, cover design, publicity or writing itself. Blog writing is terrific, but what I need to work on daily is my novel writing.

I guess sometimes the first answer that comes to your mind is the correct one. And now that I'm finished with this post, I think I'll get to it. Hang in there, Frankie and Archer. I'm coming ... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment