Friday, September 9, 2016

Mountains, Desert, Beach or Forest? #AKwritingChallenge Day 23

Where would my dream house be? 

I don't do well in dry climates. I guess I used to. I lived in Colorado for the first thirty-eight years of my life and don't remember ever having a problem with it. Relatives from Texas would come visit and struggle with bloody noses and dry skin. I look back at it now and realize I've dealt with those things all my life - and just thought it was normal. It wasn't until I left Colorado and went to live in North Carolina for three years that I realized how much happier I am in a more humid environment.

I think that effectively rules out the desert as the perfect setting for my dream house.

Forest. Well, I think that would depend upon where. I am seriously, over the top, freak out terrified of snakes. (If you want to know why, take a look at this Five Fears post.) Maybe in a cooler climate, I could be be happy in a forest setting, but it probably wouldn't be my first choice for a dream house location.

Mountains. Yes. Definitely. I've lived either near or in the mountains nearly all my life. The scenery here in Colorado is beautiful, and all I have to do is look at the view off my parents' deck to know that yes, I'd be quite happy living in the mountains.

But the ultimate location for my dream house would definitely be on the beach. I love the water. I love the ocean. I feel most at home there. The shore energizes me, makes me feel whole and complete.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment