Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Last Time I Was Angry #AKwritingChallenge Day 25

Anger is an emotion I don't feel very often. It's not that I don't ever feel it. To say that would be untruthful, but usually feelings of being hurt or sad barge in and take over for me before I ever get to angry. It takes a whole lot to make me mad.

I recall a time many years ago when I got angry - and I wasn't taken seriously at all. I took the person I was with by such surprise that he laughed at me, told me I was adorable when I got mad. This, of course, enraged me even more. I believe I then dissolved into messy tears and an onslaught of emotion which made him realize I really was mad. He apologized and felt horrible about it, but that's how often I get angry. Not even the people who know me best see that emotion from me very often. 

Unless you mess with my kids. That's a whole different story right there.

 
I've been known to go full fledged Mama Bear when it comes to my kids - so much so that I've even surprised my husband.  

If my kids aren't involved, though, you probably won't even know that I'm mad. I might rant and rave if I feel comfortable around you, but more than likely I'll just quietly fume for a while. If you catch me cleaning everything in sight, that's a pretty good indicator that someone (or something) has kicked up the heat beneath my very cool temper. 

Just a side note - iced chai's, lots of hugs and very good books usually make me happy again pretty quick. You know, just a little FYI in case anyone was wondering. :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment