Monday, September 12, 2016

If I Had a Super Power ... #AKwritingChallenge Day 26


If I could pick which super power I'd want, it would be the power to heal.

I have a friend. He's a good friend, and he's going through a very scary time right now. His beloved wife was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer last spring, and I hate watching the two of them go through the discomfort of her treatments and living day to day not knowing what's around the next corner. They got some unexpected news today, and I hate not being able to help. I would love nothing more than to have the power to heal her, to take this cancer away from her body so the two of them can be at peace once more.

I don't have the power to heal, of course. I don't even have the power to cook them a meal or run errands for them because they live 1,600 miles away. I'm really not much good to them at all, but I will continue to send good thoughts their way, and I will continue to be here should my friend find a way in which I can be helpful.   

I don't have the power to heal, so I will choose a super power that is not inaccessible. I will be kind and hope that this will be useful in some way.


No comments:

Post a Comment