Friday, October 7, 2016

Change in the Weather #WingWritingChallenge Day 21

It's finally fall ... and it's getting cooler around here, folks.


I haven't been walking in the morning because, well, because I'm not a polar bear - and my wrist really, really hates the cold. That surgical steel in there causes me a lot of issues. My whole wrist swells when it gets too cold, and it basically locks up on me. It takes hours to loosen it back up again and it hurts. 

I used to wear this on my wrist when it got cold ...


Goofy? Yes. But it did the trick. My daughter teased me about it incessantly, but sometimes you do what you have to do in order to keep yourself comfortable.

Mom came to my rescue and did some knitting so that sock glove is a thing of the past. Now I wear this on my walks - and basically whenever it's cold -  to keep my wrist toasty and happy.


Maya has a point - this is much more stylish.

The big weather news right now, of course, is Hurricane Matthew. I've got a good friend ... well, you know her, Ang Lawrence, who is right in the mess of that whole storm. She's checking in with me on a regular basis so I know that she's okay. This is a rough one. I miss living on the east coast. I miss it a lot. I don't, however, miss storms like these.

For now, my change in the weather is chilly nights and bright, fall foliage. Oh, and colorful, fingerless gloves.



No comments:

Post a Comment