Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Favorite Meals #WingWritingChallenge Day 25


I have a couple of favorite meals. I love to cook. I've come up with a pot roast I find pretty heavenly. It's done in the crock pot with rosemary, beef stock and Dijon mustard. I also make a pretty tasty pot of chicken noodle soup, and my chili isn't too bad, either. All of those are comfort meals for me.

My step dad is a phenomenal cook. He makes the tastiest meals ever - and the one he cooks for my birthday is the one I'm going to go with for my favorite. 

He marinates chunks of beef and layers it on skewers alongside mushrooms, red onion, green bell pepper and pineapple and grills them. While he's doing that, we munch on sauteed mushrooms and steamed artichokes. It's a wonder I'm not stuffed full by the time he pulls all that yumminess off of the kebobs and serves it over wild rice. There's always bread and oftentimes he grills shrimp as well. The traditional dessert for this meal is my mom's Black Magic Cake. It's the best chocolate cake in all the world topped with cream cheese frosting. 

Wow. I think I actually just drooled a little.

Hmmm ... that leftover chicken I was going to reheat for dinner seems rather unappetizing now. Too bad my birthday is five long months away. I've given myself a huge craving for some of Larrabee's cooking ...


No comments:

Post a Comment