Friday, August 5, 2016

My Favorite Color and Why: Thirty Day Writing Challenge Day 18

The randomness of the topics included in this writing challenge have been interesting. Some of them have been a little more difficult than others. This one about my favorite color, though, well, this one is easy.


Some might say that blue is a fall back color. Everyone likes the color blue. It's not exciting or unique. So be it.


There's nothing about the color blue that I don't like. It's the color of denim, and Alice's dress in Disney's animated Alice in Wonderland


It's the color of the ocean, and morning glories ... and I love the brilliant blue of a the Colorado sky the day after a huge snow storm.  


To me, blue is a soothing color, one that makes me feel relaxed and calm and safe.


I even like wearing the color on my toes. :) In my upcoming book, Brides, Beasts & Baklava, there's a whole scene about the color blue. Ella's getting married, and she and Frank are shopping for flowers ... well, I won't go into it now, but you'll have to trust me when I say it's a very funny scene. The lettering for the cover of this book will also be blue. You'll have to read it to find out exactly why.


It's true ... most of my crushes have been on boys with blue eyes. I even married one of them ... and had two blue-eyed babies.

Blue hasn't always been my favorite color, but it's been my favorite a great many years. I'm thinking it will be from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment