Monday, August 1, 2016

My Commute: Thirty Day Writing Challenge Day 13

My commute is a lengthy one. Seriously. It's like fifteen whole feet from my bed to my office. They're in two different rooms - my bed and my computer - so there's that. The Keurig is all the way in the kitchen, though, so I'd need to add the two or three trips I make in there every day to my travel time. Even with that, though, I'd have to say that as far as commutes go, mine is much easier than most.

I've been a stay at home mom since my oldest was about eighteen months old.  I've had many jobs since then, but it's been more than fifteen years since I've left the house and gone into a professional workplace of any kind. I work hard. I just do it from home.

Working from home has it's perks. I don't pay much for gas, and I'm downright cheap when it comes to wardrobe. I'm a homeschooling mom and a novelist who owns her own editing company. If I can replenish my assortment of yoga pants and t-shirts every few years, I'm good to go. 

It doesn't take me long to get ready for work, either. On a normal day, I rarely wear makeup, and it doesn't take me long to pull my hair up into it's normal ponytail. I'm very stylish, what, with my curly, blonde fountain spouting out of the top of my head and my fuzzy socks. I only wear the socks in the wintertime, but, well, I digress.

I'm happy working from home, and there are still five years between now and when my youngest graduates from high school. I don't see me having a commute of any kind for the foreseeable future. It's probably a good thing, too. It's hard to find shoes to wear over fuzzy socks.





No comments:

Post a Comment