Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Songs That Pump Me Up: #AKwritingChallenge Day 6

The actual topic was "What Song Pumps You Up?", but there are so many of them that I changed it a bit. :)

I asked my daughter this question. I asked her if she had to come up with a song that pumped me up, what would it be? She gave me a look that only a girl of seventeen can deliver. Then she said, "Are you serious?" I laughed because I knew exactly what song came to her mind.


Duran Duran. Yep. They've been my favorite since I was twelve years old. I won't tell you how many years that's been, but let's just say it's been awhile. "Pressure Off" is actually one of the newest ones, released just last year. It's happy. It's fun. It makes me want to jump around and dance and laugh. I made my whole family listen to it several times in the car while we made our way to the hospital for both of my wrist surgeries. It makes everything right in my world.

There are several songs that pump me up, though. "Rumor Has It" by Adele. 


I actually have a funny story about this song. I heard it first when I was living in Germany. It was playing over the speakers in the movie theater on Ramstein AFB. I can't remember what movie we went to see, but I remember hearing this song and loving it immediately. I was on the treadmill not long afterward. This song started playing in my earbuds and I got a little carried away. I'll admit it. I was walk/dancing on the treadmill ... and it didn't turn out well. I did something to my left hip that had me bent over for three weeks. I could barely walk. I was kind of a mess. I still love the song, but my hip feels a bit vulnerable whenever it plays.
 
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Oh, yes ... how I love this band. Swing music. Fun. Upbeat. Happy. So very, very dance worthy. This song is just one of many.

 
And one more just because I'm having so much fun listening to all this music.

Colbie Caillat, "Brighter Than the Sun".


Okay, now I'm raring to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment