Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Last Wedding I Attended: #AKwritingChallenge Day 8

The last wedding I attended was ... wow ... a long time ago. I'm not even sure now exactly what year, but we were living in Castle Rock, Colorado at the time, so I'm guessing it was 2003 or 2004. Somewhere around there. 

Maybe someone we know needs to get married sometime soon. That's a long time between weddings.

Check that, my step-brother got married several years back. I wasn't in the country for that one. That's a wedding I'm sorry I missed.


The wedding I did last go to was for a guy Steven (my hubby) worked with. I remember their names, (I won't mention them here) but I didn't really know them. I'd met the groom a few times and he was really nice. Steven liked him and that was good enough for me. 

I don't have very vivid memories of this day. I seem to recall having to drive a bit to get to the ceremony, but if there was anything out of the ordinary that took place, it wasn't so much so that I can remember it. What does stick out, though, is that the bride and groom chose to have their wedding photos taken between the ceremony and the reception. Steven and I sat at a table with another gentleman Steven worked with and his wife for probably two hours before the newly betrothed couple came through the door and the reception could begin.

Hey, planning a wedding isn't the easiest thing in the world. I get it. I've been there, done that, but the wait seemed a bit excessive - especially considering the fact that I was a nursing mom at the time, and the bodice of my dress was growing increasingly tighter as the wait time extended.

We've moved five times since then - once to another state, then to a different country and back to Colorado again - and we've lost touch with this couple. The last thing we heard was they had a little girl. I certainly hope that they're still together ... and that they have some spectacular wedding photos displayed in a prime spot in their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment