Wednesday, August 3, 2016

My Typical Day In Bullets: Thirty Day Challenge Day 16



 We still have a little less than a week before we go back to school. Summer time is not typical around here, so I will bullet a normal, average day.

  • I'm awake usually around 6:30 am - sometimes 7:00 when the puppies are being generous and let me sleep in. I'm usually awakened by a yipping "I have to pee!" bark from Ursula. It's usually an emergency, and I'm usually stumbling down the stairs with one eye open to release them from their kennels.
  • I use this early morning time to read. I sit on the back porch steps while the puppies run and play and I read. It's anywhere from ten minutes to twenty. It's nice and cool out there at that time of the morning, and it's peaceful.
  • I feed the puppies, and then I write. If I have an editing project, I do that. This usually lasts until about 9:00 or 9:30.
  • School starts at 10:00 am. My kids are older. Scott starts high school this year, although he's a year ahead of where he would be were he in public school. He'll be fourteen in November. Maya is beginning her senior year. They are very self-sufficient, but I keep them on track. I'm also very hands on with them both for science and math, and I read what they're reading for English.
  • Lunch is from noon to about 1:00.
  • We're back in school from 1:00 until about 3:00 or 4:00. This ending time is not always set in stone. Sometimes the kids finish up early, sometimes they have assignments that take them a bit longer.
  • 3:00 (or so) Steven is home from work. He leaves the house at 4:30 am, so he's already had a long day by the time he arrives home. 
  • 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm or thereabouts is dinner time. We just got a new grill, so the boys have been doing a lot of the food prep. I love to cook, but I also love to have meals cooked for me. This is a great turn of events.
  • I usually hang out with Steven - watching television, chatting - or we hang out at a family until about 8:00. Sometimes we run errands ... and sometimes we do our own thing. Steven's got a really early morning, (he get's up at 3:45) so he goes to bed way before I'm ready.
  • 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm: Back to the computer I go. This is more work time, (either writing or editing or school prep.) 
  • 10:00 pm - 10:30 pm: Bedtime. I like my eight hours if I can get it.
We also use the homeschooling resources at a library about twenty minutes from our house to do labs for science and a bunch of other things, but that isn't on a daily basis. I use time during the day while the kids are doing lessons they don't need my help with to keep up with Facebook, write, work or do school admin. I didn't include the time it takes me to make my iced coffees, or the forty-eight million times I have to let the dogs out, but all of that's in there as well. There's also the running around that happens when you have kids ... appointments and other scheduled things, but this is it, a typical day in my happy life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment