Wednesday, August 17, 2016

One Thing I'm Excited For: Thirty Day Writing Challenge Day 30

Whoa ... this is day 30!?!? We made it!

I didn't miss one single blog post in the last thirty days. How very, very cool - and, if I'm honest, a little surprising. Thanks for hanging in there with me - some of those posts were a bit rough. Or maybe they were just rough on me. I appreciate you reading them all, though.

How am I going to celebrate the wrap up of this very successful writing challenge? By hopping right into a second one, of course. Let's see if I can surprise myself a second time, shall we? The hashtag for the next round is #AKwritingChallenge, and we've added a bunch of writers to this one. I'm looking forward to it.

But I need to finish up this current challenge first, and the last topic is One Thing I'm Excited For.

This one is easy.

Are you a reader? Does it make you happy when you get your hands on a book that really excites you? A book that you get totally lost in - one that you just don't ever want to get to the end of? Yeah. Me, too. It doesn't happen for me a whole lot, but when it does, it's an extraordinary thing.

I wrote a blog post back in June of this year for the #LifeBooksWriting Challenge. It was called My Top Five Favorite Books and Why and Jesse James Freeman's first book was on that list. I love to read, and I've read so many books. Coming up with five favorites was not an easy task, but remember that whole excitement thing I mentioned before? That getting lost and not wanting it to ever end thing? Yep. This book was an easy choice for that list - and had I read the second book in the series before writing that post, Jesse would have claimed two of the five spots.


I happily wrote reviews for both Billy Purgatory: I Am the Devil Bird and Billy Purgatory: And the Curse of the Satanic Five. I did this simply because I loved the books so much. Jesse never asked me to read, and he certainly never asked me to review - but when you read books as crazy wonderful as these, you have to let other people know about them. 

So, what am I excited for? 

Well, I've been asked to act as editor for Jesse's next book, Billy Purgatory: Tacos Before Armageddon. Even typing out the title makes me grin. Seriously, how cool is that??? I've read a good portion of his manuscript already and I love it. I absolutely adore Jesse and to be asked to work with him is a huge honor for me. It's definitely something I'm excited for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment